New SXT Features
- Easy in-camera ProRes 4K recording
- - ProRes 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)
- - ProRes 4K Cine (4096 x 2637)
- Improved image quality
- - Completely overhauled image processing chain
- - Advanced pixel correction
- - Optional noise reduction
- New Looks and smoother workflow
- - 3D Look-up Tables, ASC Color Decision List, Rec 2020 gamma
- Matches current ALEXA images, but provides basis for radically different looks
- - Improved on-set preview, more efficient dailies and faster final grading
- - Same tools for ALEXA SXT, ALEXA Mini & AMIRA
- Super flexible on-set monitoring
- - Three fully independent HD-SDI outputs
SXT, or Super Xtended Technology, is the new high-performance platform for the ALEXA family of cameras, with the ALEXA SXT EV (Entry Version), ALEXA SXT Plus and ALEXA SXT Studio replacing ALEXA XT models.
The ALEXA SXT cameras utilize new components that include electronics and image processing from the ALEXA 65, as well as color management and noise reduction from the AMIRA. They share the same qualities as previous ALEXA cameras, but offer more versatile recording and monitoring options, improved look management and enhanced image quality.
In addition to previously announced features, ALEXA SXT cameras offer HDR monitoring, two anamorphic ProRes recording formats (one 2K and one 4K, both of which simplify anamorphic shooting through in-camera de-squeeze), an ARRIRAW 3.2K recording format that achieves 120 fps, an Open Gate ProRes 3.4K recording format, an improved web remote, a single speed mode and support for LEXAR's 256 GB CFast 2.0 cards.
Click here to find out more about the ALEXA SXT.